EMPLOYMENT LAW WORKSHOP
Back by popular demand, the BC CCA’s annual employment workshop with Vancouver law firm Bull Housser always receives rave reviews.
In today’s workplace, employers face new challenges in dealing with human resources issues. It can be difficult to stay on top of the potential impact these issues may have on your organization. This blue-ribbon panel will present not only current law and best practices, but also ideas on how minimize your risk exposure.
Free! Members who register for this workshop are welcome to invite their company’s senior HR person as a BC CCA guest. Just email the office after you register and provide the person’s name and job title.
The Bull Housser workshop sold out last year, so sign up early to avoid disappointment!
Hiring — issues
- The importance of a contract
- Key terms to minimize risk for employers
- Common pitfalls
Firing — issues
- Firing someone for off duty conduct
- Steps an employer should take both before and after the employment relationship breaks down
- Where can employees start an action? How to assess where your risks are.
- Union and non-union situations
Bullying and harassment — update
- Last November WorkSafeBC implemented new guidelines and rules relating to bullying and harassment. What has happened since then?
Call recording — privacy regulation
- What are you rights and obligations when recording calls?
- Are there special rules when recording financial or health information?